Luxury Electric Vehicle Raffle
Winners choose between $50,000 or a new luxury electric vehicle. Tickets are $100 each and only 3,500 will be sold. Anyone over 18 is eligible.
Please spread the word! Official raffle guidelines.
Ready for a Test Drive?
All dental practices (and businesses) with one or more employees entered in the NC Dental Society Foundation Raffle by April 15 at 11:59pm will be entered to for a chance to win one of two prizes:
• A luxury electric vehicle test drive*
• Or, a $300 Visa gift card for your organization
Three winners will be chosen for these fantastic prizes, and the date of the test drive will be announced on this page in the coming days
All employees (1099, temporary, etc.) are eligible to enter the raffle or have tickets entered in their name
*Test drive based on availability
The drawing will take place on Friday, May 21, 2021. All purchases must be received by 5:00 PM EDT Friday, May 21, 2021.
Annual Golf Challenge
The annual NC Dental Society Foundation Golf Challenge at Pinehurst Resort is held for the dental community, legislators, and business leaders. Registration will be available soon!
Sponsorship levels range from $500 Hole Sponsorships to $5K Tournament Co-Sponsorships. Player registration fees include all golf fees, the Thursday Pre-Tournament party, beverage & snack cart, all golf contests, player gift bag and lunch on Friday.
The NC Dental Society Foundation has reserved a block of rooms at a discounted rate at Pinehurst Resort. Rooms are available at the Carolina Hotel, Manor Inn and Holly Inn. Please call 1-855-235-8507 by July 14, 2020 for the discounted rate. On-line hotel reservations are not available.
Discounted Group Rates:
Carolina Hotel: $187 – Single Occupancy / $109 per person – Double Occupancy
Holly Inn: $157 – Single Occupancy / $94 per person – Double Occupancy
Manor Inn: $127 – Single Occupancy / $79.00 per person – Double Occupancy
Players and sponsors will be able to register for the event soon.
Give Kids A Smile® (GKAS)
On the first Friday in February, as part of National Children’s Dental Health Month, thousands of dentists will take time from their practices to help underserved children get the oral health care they need.
Last year, our North Carolina dental community hosted nearly 100 events/clinics from the mountains to the coast. Can we count on you to host an event this year? Sign up today or contact Tiffany Handy with questions.
NC Dental Society Foundation’s Missions of Mercy (MOM) Clinics
The Foundation facilitates portable free dental clinics conducted over a two-day period for adults from underserved households. Clinics are staffed by volunteer dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, laboratory technicians, health professionals and general community volunteers from the host city and across the state.
- Wilmington – November 12 – 13, 2021, Treatment of patients
- First Baptist Church Activities Center: 1939 Independence Blvd Wilmington, NC
- Volunteer registration will open approx. August 1, 2021
- High Point – March 18 – 19, 2022, Treatment of patients
- First Baptist Church: 405 N Main Street High Point, NC 27260
- Volunteer registration will open approx. December 15, 2021
- Gastonia – August 19 – 20, 2022, Treatment of patients
- City Church (formerly Bethlehem Church): 2782 Fairview Drive Gastonia, NC 28052
- Volunteer registration will open approx. May 15, 2022
Dental Community Support Webinars
To support dental professionals, the Foundation partners with experts to host educational webinars on a variety of topics related to overall wellness and well-being. Note: You must be an NCDS member to register for webinars.
Information for upcoming webinars will be available soon.
To access the recording of a webinar, click on its title.
- Healthy Options for Reducing Burnout in Dentistry
- Presenter(s): Dr. Bill Claytor, Jr., DDS, MAGD; Ms. Jane Walter, M.Ed., LPC
- Overview: What is burnout? How do you know what it does and doesn’t look like? In this presentation, Dr. Claytor and Dr. Walter walk through defining burnout, identifying it in your practice, and, most importantly, finding ways to deal with it after it has been identified.
- To download the PowerPoint Slides and other resources for this webinar, click here.