Annual Golf Challenge
The annual NC Dental Society Foundation Golf Challenge at Pinehurst Resort will be held for the dental community, legislators, and business leaders on August 12 – 13, 2021.
- Pre-Tournament Party & Putting Contest
7:00 PM-9:00 PM
- Golf – Pinehurst No.3
8:30 AM-12:00 PM
- Awards Lunch
12:30 PM-2:00 PM
Sponsorship levels range from $500 Hole Sponsorships to $5K Tournament Co-Sponsorships. Player registration fees include all golf fees, the Thursday Pre-Tournament party, beverage & snack cart, all golf contests, player gift bag and lunch on Friday.
The NCDS Foundation has a group room block at the Homewood Suites for $164 + tax per night.
Reservations must be made by 5pm on Thursday, July 21, 2021.
Call the hotel directly at (910) 255-0300 and ask for the NC Dental group block. Or book online using group code NDS.
Please note we do not have rooms blocked at Pinehurst Resort.
Homewood Suites is walking distance from shops, restaurants, and supermarkets and a 6-minute drive to
Pinehurst golf courses. Unwind in your spacious suite with full kitchen, or enjoy complimentary breakfast a Wifi.
A shuttle is available to and from Pinehurst Resort.
Players and sponsors will be able to register for the event soon.
Give Kids A Smile® (GKAS)
On the first Friday in February, as part of National Children’s Dental Health Month, thousands of dentists will take time from their practices to help underserved children get the oral health care they need.
Last year, our North Carolina dental community hosted nearly 100 events/clinics from the mountains to the coast. Can we count on you to host an event this year? Sign up today or contact Tiffany Handy with questions.
NC Dental Society Foundation’s Missions of Mercy (MOM) Clinics
The Foundation facilitates portable free dental clinics conducted over a two-day period for adults from underserved households. Clinics are staffed by volunteer dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, laboratory technicians, health professionals and general community volunteers from the host city and across the state.
- Wilmington – November 12 – 13, 2021, Treatment of patients
- First Baptist Church Activities Center: 1939 Independence Blvd Wilmington, NC
- Volunteer registration is now open.
- High Point – March 18 – 19, 2022, Treatment of patients
- First Baptist Church: 405 N Main Street High Point, NC 27260
- Volunteer registration will open approx. December 15, 2021
- Gastonia – August 19 – 20, 2022, Treatment of patients
- City Church (formerly Bethlehem Church): 2782 Fairview Drive Gastonia, NC 28052
- Volunteer registration will open approx. May 15, 2022
Dental Community Support Webinars
To support dental professionals, the Foundation partners with experts to host educational webinars on a variety of topics related to overall wellness and well-being. Note: You must be an NCDS member to register for webinars.
Information for upcoming webinars will be available soon.
To access the recording of a webinar, click on its title.
- Healthy Options for Reducing Burnout in Dentistry
- Presenter(s): Dr. Bill Claytor, Jr., DDS, MAGD; Ms. Jane Walter, M.Ed., LPC
- Overview: What is burnout? How do you know what it does and doesn’t look like? In this presentation, Dr. Claytor and Dr. Walter walk through defining burnout, identifying it in your practice, and, most importantly, finding ways to deal with it after it has been identified.
- To download the PowerPoint Slides and other resources for this webinar, click here.